Monday, June 25, 2007

On 06.15.2007, I had the painful opportunity to view my car for probably the last time before it is auctioned off to the highest bidder. From my last post, the status of my car has been considered TOTALLED by my insurance company.. Sadness!!!

The day started off around 9am with me getting my stock wheels/tires and suspension components from my storage unit. Then arrived at IAA (Insurance Auto Auctions) around 10:30am to request access to my car so i can remove the personal items that were not covered by the insurance company, which basically equates to any aftermarket parts like suspension, wheels and amp among others.

I walked in to IAA, filled out the necessary paperwork and was told to wait in the front of the buildin as they retrieve my car from the back. After about 10-15 minutes of waiting I finally see my car approaching, but not as i would have remembered nor hoped to see it. They hauled it out on a forklift... again, SADNESS!!!



They set the car down near a shaded area, and this was my view to start my day.



I asked a good friend of mine, Clint, to help out with removing my personal items from my car, since he has waaaay more experience with G35's than I do. Im a totat novice when it comes to removing suspension components, so i was really happy that he was able to help. He arrived around 10:45am and we both started to work. Here's a picture of my car on jack stands, after I had just removed the wheels. We removed my Tein Flex (with EDFC unit) suspension, Cusco Upper A-arms, swapped aftermarket wheels with stock premium wheels, swapped aftermarket short-shifter with stock, removed amp and sub-woofer.



Here's the car nearly complete and after i had just replaced the stock wheels/tires.



3 1/2 hours later in the hot burning sun, we finished with swapping out the aftermarket components with stock components. We replaced everything as we found it and lowered the car.

I am very relieved that the wheels/tires were not damaged from the accident, and now i can re-sell these items to others so they can enjoy them as much as i have.

And Clint, THANK YOU!! I owe you dude, for your time and experience with removing suspension components. I couldn't of finished this without you and your tools..

So, if you know of anybody with a G35 or 350Z (prefferably ivory pearl), please tell them i have components for sale...

Thanks for visiting.
Michael

No comments: