Friday, October 06, 2006

Sweet!!! Got my new Phone/PDA the other day (10.04.2006)

The Motorola Q... man this thing has everything. I already had a phone (the RAZR 3.0) with Cingular, but needed a PDA to manage my calendar, appointments, emails and contacts. Rather than having a seperate phone and a PDA attached to my hip and risk looking like a techno geek with a utility belt. I started to research PDA/Phone combo's.

I didn't really like the PDA's that were available with Cingular, so I started to look outside the Cingular realm. I was really happy with Cingular, so I was hesitant to look elsewhere. However, as my need for a PDA became stronger, I started looking at Verizon since they have a greater phone selection.

I started with the Palm Treo 700P/W but thought it was a little bulky and cumbersome. Then a friend of mine who works at Verizon allowed me to demo the Motorola Q for a week... from that point on - I was hooked..

So I purchased the phone from Verizon, and ported my number from Cingular.

The PROS:
  • Phone and PDA as one device
  • Calendar and Appointments
  • Internet access (directions from google maps)
  • Receive emails from all of my email accounts
  • MSN Messenger (if I were using it to communicate)
  • Cheaper than Palm Treo 700 P/W
The CONS:
  • Text is a little small (but luckily I have good vision) when using the internet
  • Can't yet resolve the SENDING of email from any of my accounts
  • Can't yet sync with my Mac (but I hear MissingSync v2.5.1 will work)
  • Can't use it as a modem with my Mac (at least not yet)
  • No touch screen (which may not matter to me)
  • The normal battery that comes with the kit dies too quickly (highly suggest extended battery)
Other than that i've been happy with my Q... Hopefully I will continue to find it useful..

No comments: