Thursday, October 26, 2006

Calling all BizTalk 2006 and Host Integration 2006 CTP guru's.... HELP!!!

*sigh* Well I haven't had much time to post on this blog, due to my day job. As some of you know, im a photographer by night (and weekends), but by day I fall into the DBA/C# developer newbie/BizTalk 2006 (BT) newbie/Host Integration Services 2006 (HIS) newbie/and web surfer expert (lol) worker bee category. Where I constantly (well at least recently) have been learning and struggling with middle tier implementation and communication between our mainframe environment and our windows environment. Learning and experimenting with seamless integration between the two environments.

My current stuggle is getting BT to communicate with HIS. I have the mainframe talking to HIS and I am able to send/receive data in my proof of concept (from Mainframe HIS SQL Server) using both Windows & Host initiated requests. However, if I have an orchestration within BT that I want to tie into my HIS process. I have installed the HIS adapters for BT, but for some reason I can't expose the MsTI (which is the HIS adapter for BT) interface within my BT orchestration. What gives????

One of the problems with working with newly released applications is the lack of documentation. Since I am currently working with HIS 2006 CTP (Community Technical Preview) there are limited resources (sample code) available on the web and within the included documentation, so that's part of the reason that i've had alot of growing pains with these technologies. I have to basically rely on developer blogs and MSDN webcasts (whenever available) to find and patch as I see code available and leverage their code in hopes that it will resolve my issues.

If I cannot resolve my issues with HIS to BT integration, then I may need to write additional code (in C#) to achieve this integration...

I guess, I just wanted to vent... Thanks for reading..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, man :) Unfortunately, I never got far into BizTalk, and never ever touched HIS, so I'm afraid I won't be of any help to you there :(